Tim is a nationally recognized thought leader in the voluntary benefits sector. Over the last 22 years, he has built several multi-million-dollar insurance agencies in addition to revitalizing others. Tim has also worked as a Sales Trainer, Territory Manager and AVP of Sales for the two largest Voluntary Benefit carriers in the US.
Prior to joining 5Lights, Tim’s territory included Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and West Texas where he oversaw 7 corporate employees, 48 sales managers and approximately 600 agents. Tim was named Large Territory Sales Manager of the year for 2016.
In addition, Tim has worked with numerous outside organizations through consulting and sales coaching. His “Success Is Voluntary” podcast averages over 200,000 downloads per month. Tim regularly speaks to industry groups across the country and is a frequent contributor to various publications.
Tim serves the Phoenix community as an Executive Board member to Elevate Phoenix – a nonprofit committed to building long-term, life-changing relationships with urban youth.
- Secret: Show up every day, act in the face of fear, accept no excuses, run through the tape, and remember that success IS voluntary.
- Market: To create value in the market we must help our customers see around corners. If we try to meet our clients where they are, it is too late.
- Model: Knowing who we are, why we exist, and creating a clear future for our clients, allows the model to morph as necessary without losing sight of the mission.
- Resources: Desire and hard work are a great start, but not enough for our team to achieve sustained success. Our people must also be resourced with the tools necessary to win.
- Team: We are our brother’s keeper. We will occasionally fail but we will not allow any of us to fail alone.