MATT MUEHLEBACH is the SVP and General Counsel for 5Lights. Mr. Muehlebach is responsible for managing, supporting and effecting all legal functions and matters within 5Lights and across portfolio companies and private equity investment activities.
Prior to joining 5Lights, Mr. Muehlebach was a partner in the prestigious law firm of Hecker & Muehlebach, PLLC for 13 years. While a partner at Hecker & Muehlebach, PLLC, Mr. Muehlebach’s areas of practice focused primarily on complex corporate and business transactions, including merger and acquisition transactions and related start-up and capital formation transactions, general corporate and business law, limited liability company and partnership law, real estate, securities regulation, franchise/licensing transactions and employment law.
Mr. Muehlebach received both his Bachelor of Arts degree (1991) and his Juris Doctor (1996) from the University of Arizona. Mr. Muehlebach has served on numerous boards in Tucson, including the University of Arizona National Alumni Association and Bank of Tucson, where he was the youngest Board member and a member of the loan committee. He is currently a board member for the Law College Association of the University of Arizona, and a member of the National Leadership Council at the University of Arizona and the Make a Wish Ambassador Board of Southern Arizona.
Mr. Muehlebach is also listed in the 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in America in the area of Corporate Governance.
- Secret: Honor the Process
“Pray as though everything depended on God, work as though everything depended on you.” ― Saint Augustine.
- Market: “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.” ― Don Corleone.
- Model: Constantly analyzing, reviewing and renewing.
- Resources: Laptop and I-Phone. Music (favorite: Dave Matthews Band), a book (favorite: Lonesome Dove), TV (favorite: Seinfeld) and a place to work out.
- Team: Family, Work Family and Friends. Anything University of Arizona and Kansas City Royals and Chiefs and Golden State Warriors.